Monday, July 3, 2017

Thrifting in style with kiddos


This will be a pretty short post because it's 2:58 am and I am on my phone but I wanted to get back into my blog because it will make me feel more happier day to day and overall feel like I am doing something where I feel could eventually become something more than just a blog but where people can gather and read throughout my blog and enjoy it!

Not everyone enjoys thrift stores but I always have ever since I was a little girl when my mom would bring me into the goodwill at least once a week. My mom always got her new business outfits there and I loved going into the toy isle to see what goodies that were donated that week. I happen to do the same with my children. The goodwill and thrift stores in general have changed quite a bit and the goodwill goes through their selection of donated goods to look for anything that may not be buyable which would be stained clothing, ripped clothing or broken goods. I have hunted and scored through the goodwill finding amazing things and even turned around and sold things making a profit! I know a lot of people won't have good things to say about the goodwill but the people that work there are wonderful and have always had a smile on their faces! My sweet boys actually enjoy shopping with me because of the awesome selection of toys! My boys don't need much to be content and happy and I want to raise them this way for many reasons, one being that money isn't everything and it doesn't make or break a person, it's about who you are inside that matters the most!

Here are some thrifty finds for my boys this week at goodwill that will be great to add to their closet!
I also want to say that I am a big shopper at once upon a child but I only go when they have the 50,60 and 70 percent off sale! I love that store!




I found some great brands including H&M for kids and Janie and jack, while this thrift store haul isn't very big, I still managed to find quality items at the thrift store for my boys!





These pair of jeans my oldest son will wear possibly around the first three months of school before they get holes at the knees. In almost every single pair my oldest gets holes in his jeans within a few short months! Hence why I hunt thrift stores for clothes! My boys grow so quickly and even though we could buy clothes brand new, I wouldn't dare because I like to save money and get the best bang for my buck! There is nothing wrong with having extra money saved right? We love it!


Just look at how well these pair of Janie & jack shorts look for being "used"! I have purchased brand new clothes and my boys are wild boys and love to explore and play so "new" clothes become used rather quickly! I will buy new from time to time when there is a sale but there is no logical reasoning to buy brand new  clothes for your children brand new! I wash thrift store clothes in hot water and sterilize everything!
 

No comments

Post a Comment